Saturday, July 24, 2010

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 7/23/10 Results and Review

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 7/23/10 Results

Dashing Cody Rhodes & Drew McIntyre defeated Christian & Matt Hardy
Dolph Ziggler defeated Kofi Kingston
Big Show defeated Joey Mercury
Rey Mysterio defeated Jack Swagger

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 7/23/10 Review

Another week, another set of reviews about to be finished, this is what I thought of Smackdown and what happened.

Kane started the show as the new champion, and I couldn't care less. I don't care about the Undertaker being dead, or Kane as champion, I just don't care. The Big Slow machine sucks, there I said it.

Dashing Cody Rhodes & Drew McIntyre defeated Christian & Matt Hardy

This match was slow moving, and while it was given time, I didn't care. These guys suck. The only person that is remotely interesting is Dashing Cody Rhodes. The match was your standard tag team fare, with both teams getting good overall offense, and the match ending with Hardy hitting Christian on accident and losing the match for his team.

Post match both Hardy and Christian shook hands and that was that.

Dolph Ziggler defeated Kofi Kingston

Two up and coming WWE main eventers, here, well...that's a stretch. This match was your standard back and forth match up, and it felt like I've already seen this match countless time before. Kofi's style worked well with Zigglers bumps and offense. I liked the match with Ziggler going over after taking a lot of punishment from Kingston in the late stages of this match. Is it just me or are there a lot of “clotheslines” in Kingston's offense? Vickie Guerrero helped distract Kofi and Ziggler hit the Zig-Zag and won this one. I didn't hate the match, and Ziggler continues to move up the WWE ladder.

Big Show defeated Joey Mercury

Joey Mercury wrestled the Big Show and actually got some offense in on the giant. However, the Big Show won this one with relative ease. The mask was taken off the masked man in the Straightedge Society and this match was easily over. Show wins again, and the Straightedge Society looks to be dying before our eyes.

Rey Mysterio defeated Jack Swagger

This was just part 2 of their ppv match, and once again Jack Swagger couldn't beat Rey Mysterio. Sure, there were some hard shots by Swagger on Mysterio, but overall, this match was just another match for these two. Swagger couldn't win here, and I knew he wouldn't, and Mysterio will go on to Summerslam. So far, this night of smackdown was boring me. This was a 2 out of 3 falls match and was just boring to me. I don't care that much about smackdown these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...