Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ring of Honor 8/4/10 Results and Review

Ring of Honor 8/4/10 Results

The Dark City Fight Club defeated Mr. Ernesto Osiris & Shawn Daivari
Eddie Edwards defeated Frank Freddie
Kenny King defeated Delirious
Jay Briscoe defeated Claudio Castagnoli
Mark Briscoe defeated Chris Hero

Ring of Honor 8/4/10 Review

I promised some more Ring of Honor coverage, and the delay this week was due to the fact that I had to get my hands on some ROH, so it took me an extra day. I think I finally got it all figured out and will be adding ROH to my line up of reviews I do. this show aired 8/4/10 but I'm not sure when it was taped or anything like that. I don't have a lot of information on ROH and if you want to fill me in email me or hit me up on aim (thecorporatehero), just don't be a jerk about it. So here you go, my review of ROH television.

The Dark City Fight Club defeated Mr. Ernesto Osiris & Shawn Daivari

There is a tag team tournament going on called tag wars, and it's awesome to see a promotion actually enjoy watching tag team wrestling. The match started on the outside with both teams fighting each other and going at it into the barricades. This match had a few bad looking botches, but the Dark City Fight Club was quite good and reminded me of the Eliminators in ECW, and won with a combination neck breaker powerbomb, which was quite good. This match was standard wrestling fair, but it was cool to see tag teams represented as more than just "hot shotted" idiots.

The Eddie Edwards Ten Minute Hunt began, and the television champion Eddie Edwards wanted to see if anyone could fight him and defeat him. Not a bad thing, I can see a Ultimate warrior run down and win.

Eddie Edwards defeated Frank Freddie

I think the new comer said his name was Frank...or something...I don't know. The match started with Edwards pummeling the newcomer. Frank had some nice moves, and was hitting Edwards with some solid hits and moves, but thinks turned around after a flurry of offense from the new comer. Eddie Edwards caught Frank off the top rope with a powerbomb and turned it into a half-Boston Crab while kicking him in the head. They called it the Achilles Lock, and it was quite the submission, wow, not a bad match.

Kenny King defeated Delirious

Austin Aries was supposed to battle Delirious but he came out to the ring and said that he couldn't wrestle because he had laringitis. So he found a replacement, the young Kenny King. Kenny King won this match with what was called the Shotgun Knees. Austin Aries distracted Delirious by blowing smoke in his face and then distracting him in ring, and that was that.

Jay Briscoe defeated Claudio Castagnoli

A very nice back and forth match up with Claudio looking like one heck of a wrestler and Jay Briscoe looking like the second coming of PG-13, just sayin. Jay Briscoe hit a very nasty looking Death valley Driver right on Claudio's neck, and I thought this thing was done, but nope, Jay couldn't get the 3 count. Jay Briscoe won after reversing some pinfall attempts and that was that. This match wasn't terrible, but it wasn't a technical classic either.

Mark Briscoe defeated Chris Hero

Chris Hero looks to be ready for the big leagues, why he's not in TNA or WWE is beyond me. More than anyone else on the show he looks like he could fit in very well with the rest of the guys in the big leagues. This match was quite good, with lots of back and forth action, Hero looking like a champion, and Mark the sympathetic face outclassed by a more traditional pro-wrestler. Mark Briscoe won with a nice pinfall, and that was that.

Overall, this night of ROH wasn't half bad. I liked it. I'm not completely sold on the Briscoe Brothers, but there is some great tag team action, some good singles wrestling, and an overall good show. I didn't hate it, but that might be because I'm relatively new to watching ROH on a weekly basis, I might change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...