Sunday, August 22, 2010

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 8/20/10 Results and Review

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 8/20/10 Results

Kofi Kingston defeated Dolph Ziggler via dq
Sarena & Luke Gallows defeated Big Show & Kelly Kelly
Christian defeated Drew McIntyre
Alberto Del Rio defeated Rey Mysterio

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 8/20/10 Review

Rey Mysterio came out to the ring and talked about random crap. I was bored. I'm sick of Rey Mysterio...dude needs to retire.

Amidst talking, out came Alberto Del Rio, finally! He made his debut at Mysterio's expense. Alberto Del Rio is a combination of Razor Ramon, and The Model Ric Martel.

Mysterio hit first and attacked, hitting Alberto Del Rio with the 619!

Kofi Kingston defeated Dolph Ziggler via dq

This match wasn't too bad, I liked it for what it was, a repeat of their last 3 matches. I felt like I've seen this match several times before, and this time around, when Vickie Guerrero interfered, Dolph was disqualified. This was really a waste of time, all things considered.

Post match, Kofi was screaming in terror when in front of Kofi! So Kofi did what any idiot would do....nothing. Ziggler attacked him afterwards and just beat him up.

Here's a question? Why would Ziggler attack? He won the match, and Kofi shouldn't have anymore title shots, so he should move on right? Right.

Hornswoggle returned, in the backstage area, dressed as a plant.

Sarena & Luke Gallows defeated Big Show & Kelly Kelly

This wasn't that great, but we finally saw Sarena in ring. She's not half bad, and the match wasn't a complete waste, but it was obvious that Show would go down. BIg Show was busy outside, while Sareta hit a gutbuster on Kelly, and it looked bad. I guess this is a first, a first in a while...I didn't hate the divas here.

Kane did a promo...but I didn't care about it. I'm sick of Undertaker vs Kane...I've seen it soo many times...I'm tired of it, and I hate Kane and dare I say...I hate Taker these days too.

Christian defeated Drew McIntyre

Again? THIS MATCH? I feel like Smackdown is just a cookie cutter, boring ass show. I'm sick of seeing this match, I'm sick of McIntyre, I'm sick of Christian going into the post with his shoulder. I'm sick of roll up wins without his finisher...ugh...this match was so boring. I've seen this before 100 times!

Post match Drew and Cody Rhodes beat up Christian. Who cares?

I don't.

Alberto Del Rio defeated Rey Mysterio

I liked this match. Only because Del Rio didn't suck completely. I've seen a lot of debut matches in my day, and most of them aren't good at all, but not this one. Del Rio was quite methodical and he had counters against Mysterio's offense at several stages. I liked it. Del Rio's finisher is a rolling Arm Breaker submission and it was definitely flashy. Del Rio's Debut ranks high in my book as one of the better debut's in professional wrestlign in recent memory.

Del Rio needs a good steady feud to catapult him to a higher level. He needs the IC Title too....but that's not going to happen, now is it?

Overall, the ending of Smackdown made the night. I liked it. I think Del Rio is one of the best heels, if they can continue to use him properly. This is WWE, so it might go wrong at several stages, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...