Tuesday, August 24, 2010

WWE Monday Night Raw 8/23/10 Results and Review

WWE Monday Night Raw 8/23/10 Results

Edge defeated R Truth
Chris Jericho defeated The Great Khali
Melina defeated Jillian
The Miz defeated John Cena via dq
Kozlov & Santino defeated The USOS
Randy Orton defeated John MOrrison & Ted Dibiase Jr.
Sheamus defeated Zack Ryder

WWE Monday Night Raw 8/23/10 Review

I almost forgot that there was raw on, but I managed to check it out and this is what I thought of it...

Sheamus came out and ranted, and I didn't care. Michael Cole got on the computer and it was weird. A throne was put out and Sheamus was going to sit in it...what the heck? Stupid.

Edge defeated R Truth

Not the most technical match in the world, and not exactly a four star thriller either. This match was ok at best. I liked it for what it was, but I didn't believe it was worth much more than the time given. Truth put in some good offense and was fast on the counters, but Edge hit a short spear to win this one clean. Truth goes down without much recourse.

Chris Jericho defeated The Great Khali

Khali was looking very dominant in this match up and Jericho fight to get some offense in, but it was not boding well for the former champion. Eventually Khali made a mistake and Jericho put the Walls of Jericho on and Khali tapped. Not a terrible match, and actually a cool one to see...I guess, yes, I liked it. Jericho wins via submission.

Melina defeated Jillian

I didn't care about this match, and neither did you. Melina sucks, I hate the divas, I hate women's wrestling in the wwe.

Laycool was on the screen and they started talking and what not. I'm already tired....ugh.

The Miz defeated John Cena via dq

The Miz wasn't just laying down on this match. Cena wasn't exactly dominant but he wasn't getting an easy win on this one. Miz was completely taking it to Cena and was nearly victorious with the SKull Crushing Finale, but it just wasn't there for him. Cena eventually got the STFU and I thought this was over. Apparently, Michael Cole thought this was the greatest match ever, but this match had a lot of set up and slow moments, before Miz could hit counters on a very tired looking John Cena. Late in the match Daniel Bryan ran down and hit the Miz and threw him back in. John Cena hit the attitude adjustment and told Bryan to get in and handle his problems.

Post match The Miz got put into the Cattle Mutilation and MIZ was tapping out like a drunk man. It took 4 officials to break up the move. The Miz was completely taken out. I hate Michael Cole's commentary, I hate Michael Cole...gosh.

Kozlov & Santino defeated The USOS

This was a glorified jobber match. The only story that this match had was Tamina getting with Santino after the match, that's about it. The Usos are on their way out...screw em. The tag division is so depleted...ugh...I hate the tag division or lack there of.

Randy Orton defeated John MOrrison & Ted Dibiase Jr.

Randy Orton's super ORTOn character is not nearly as bad as Cena's yet. Speaking of Orton, I was watching these highlights of DDP and you know what? I see parallels! If Orton could only get on the mic as good as DDP, I think that the RKO and the Diamond Cutter can be the best finisher in wrestling. The best move here was the RKO that Orton hit off of John Morrison jumping off the top ropes! I loved it. It wasn't as good as Evan Bourne, but yes, it was really dang good. If you blinked you missed it.

Sheamus was going to pick his next opponent, and he picked....ZACK RYDER! Yep. ZACK RYDER!

Sheamus defeated Zack Ryder

IF Ryder would've won the title, he would've become instant FACE. But nope. Sheamus beat him with a Bro Kick or whatever...stupid ending stupid match. Sheamus won...what a joke of a match.

The general manager emailed as Sheamus and Wade Barrett were in the ring arguing about crap. Sheamus will now defend against Wade at night of champions...alongside 4 other guys too.

I'm tired.

I'm sick of Super Cena, tired of stupid Sheamus...tired of Nexus...tired of this stale programming.

Wade was surrounded by the 6 other opponents, and that was kind of interesting, they all beat him down together. Wade took a beating which was awesome...but I'm still sick of Super Cena. The guys all hit their finishers with Orton looking strongest with an RKO.

Orton is shooting up and this is great...if only he could talk! Not a terrible Raw, but far from best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...