Saturday, October 9, 2010

WWE Smackdown 10/8/10 Results and Review

WWE Smackdown 10/8/10 Results

Edge defeated Jack Swagger
Layla defeated Kelly Kelly
Drew McIntyre & Dashing Cody Rhodes defeated Kofi Kingston & Kaval
Rey Mysterio defeated Alberto Del Rio
Dolph Ziggler defeated MVP

WWE Smackdown 10/8/10 Review

Smackdown has the worst intro music...but I was looking forward to seeing Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio so I can't complain too much about the lackluster sell out move of Greenday.

Edge defeated Jack Swagger

I always pop for Edge's music, but the guy hasn't been relevant for a long time. Jack Swagger's Eagle is funny. Edge had some cool moments here, and I didn't hate it, but I felt like I already saw this. The Eagle took a Spear, Swagger went for the Ankle Lock but Edge eventually hit his Spear and won. This match wasn't all that great, but hey...at least Edge is being used.

Layla defeated Kelly Kelly

This match was terrible. Did you expect anything else? The divas are lookers, but they aren't great wrestlers. There were a few quality moments in this match, but overall? This match was just filler, and I didn't find it all that great.

The Big Show was talking about setting up Team Smackdown for Bragging Rights, and that prompted The Dudebusters to come out and ask to be on team Smackdown.

Big Show double chokeslammed The Dudebusters and that was that. Team Smackdown is going to bore me, and so is Bragging Rights, I can feel it.

Drew McIntyre & Dashing Cody Rhodes defeated Kofi Kingston & Kaval

Once again, Kaval loses. This match wasn't all that great, and it's another reason why I hate hot shot tag team pairings. The match was ok enough, but I didn't really care about any one of the participants, which is not the way you want to present things, but I guess that's just what happens. The hot shot team wins...and that's that.

Kane delivered a message to Undertaker...and I HATE the feud. I hope they both retire.

Dolph Ziggler defeated MVP

This match wasn't that great, and while I appreciate the efforts of one Dolph Ziggler, I can't stand MVP right now. Ziggler wins this match thanks to the actions of an NXT participant, much to the dismay of Vickie. MVP did have some nice suplexes, throws, and offense. I think MVP is highly talented, just not utilized properly.

My 2 cents? I think MVP should be paired with Shad & JTG and they should do a "Konnan" like thing. Just a thought.

Rey Mysterio defeated Alberto Del Rio

This match wasn't exactly a four star classic. It was your standard Rey Match. Del Rio had a bunch of great moments, but overall it was Mysterio that got the most offense in, and won the match despite attempts by Del Rio to cheat. Mysterio hit his moves and won this match.

I don't understand the logic in having Del Rio losing here, but then again, I don't understand a lot of the logic in the WWE or TNA for that matter. Mysterio comes back, wins, sends the crowd home happy and that was that. This feud should be done, since Mysterio won.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...