Tuesday, November 9, 2010

TNA Turning Point 2010 ppv Results and Review

TNA Turning Point 2010 PPV Results

Robbie E defeated Jay Lethal in the x division championship match
Tara vs. Mickie James (no contest)
The Motor City Machine Guns defeated Team 3D
RVD defeated Tommy Dreamer
Fortune defeated EV2.0
Abyss defeated The Pope
Jeff Jarrett defeated Samoa Joe
Jeff Hardy defeated Matt Morgan

TNA Turning Point 2010 PPV Review

I'm late on this one, but that's ok...I think.

Robbie E defeated Jay Lethal in the x division championship match

I kind of miss the "Black Machismo" gimmick. However, I'll settle for this "cruiserweight" Jay, as many of us must do. The match really favored Robbie E in this match, he was generating a lot of heat with his offense. When he slapped on the Abdominal Stretch, the crowd was all over him in terms of heat, and a lot of other points featured the crowd crapping on the Jersey Shore knockoff. Jay Lethal had some offense, but after a distraction from Cookie, Robbie E hit his neckbreaker (rude awakening) and won the match up. He is now the new X-Division champion.

The match was ok. I'm not a big fan of "hot shotting" the title to a new comer, but I'm ok with it. Hopefully Robbie E could make the belt mean more, and have legit competition. His character based gimmick could actually work out quite well.

Tara vs. Mickie James (no contest)

This match was either double countout or simply no contest. The women fought from the ring to the outside, and just kept fighting. This wasn't a match as much as it was a brawl. It eventually turned into a street fight. It was ok, but I'm tired of the "Hardcore Country" gimmic. I didn't love the match, but I also didn't hate it, so I guess it passes.

The two ended up in the middle of the ring, after the match just fighting and in the end...stripping each other's clothes off?!? Yeah, the segment ended oddly, and I'm not sure where they were going with it...I'm sure the feud will eventually come to more matches.

The Motor City Machine Guns defeated Team 3D

This match was billed as Team 3D's last match. It was back and forth, with lots of counters, lots of different momentum changes, lots of hits and misses, and heavy impact moves from both teams. Every big move was kicked out of, every big move was hit, and towards the end the story became, "no one has ever kicked out of 3D" and of course, that was over...as the Machine Guns picked up the win and that was it...I guess that's the end of Team 3D? ok.

I read that Team 3D just signed new 3 year contracts, so I'm not sure what's next for that team. Single's Competition? Road Agents? I don't know.

RVD defeated Tommy Dreamer

This match was painful to watch. These two are way past their prime and each of them showed signs of aging. The match eventually was won by RVD, with little to no fan fare. I didn't care of this match, and it just looked tiring. I'm tired of watching these idiots...I don't even know what it proved.

Fortune defeated EV2.0

This match sucked...another parade of "old men". Sabu was pinned and this match was over. Sabu is fired, I guess. This match was boring, and sucked. Sorry, it just didn't have a lot to it, and this Fortune & Immortan thing is so confusing. Plus, who kidnapped Samoa Joe? Just sayin.

Abyss defeated The Pope

The Pope got a lot of offense against Abyss, but that didn't matter. No one cared...at least I didn't. Abyss wins...again. I'm sick of Abyss, he's the worst character/wrestler going in TNA today. The Pope had his "congregation" at ringside, and Eric Bischoff got them to turn on Pope and beat him up. That was that.

No one cares.

FIRE ALL THE TNA WRITERS!

Jeff Jarrett defeated Samoa Joe

Samoa Joe losees, this sucks. Joe got choked out with a night stick, and the security guys helped Double J win. There was a ref bump, there were a few moments that were ok, but overall...Joe gets buried. I hate this, you hate this, ugh...they sucked the life out of TNA's ppv tonight.

Jeff Hardy defeated Matt Morgan

Not exactly a four star classic, but it was watchable. Matt Morgan put up a good overall fight, but he couldn't take out Hardy for too long and Hardy managed to pick up a victory. NO ONE CARED! Hardy worked on Morgan's knee, and Morgan no sold much of it. A twist of fate got the win...who cares....I'm sick of TNA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...