Saturday, April 2, 2016

WWE NXT Takeover Dallas 4/1/2016 Results and Review


Here we go, WrestleMania weekend is here yet again and I’m back in action. First up I am going to talk about WWE NXT Takeover Dallas. I did not see this live, I had to watch it this morning before work. Last night I was doing anything else, since it was on a little too late for me on the East Coast. Now, in regards to this night of action, there’s a lot to say and some of it you may not like.

First and foremost, this was live from the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center which holds some 10,000 some odd individuals. I wanted to go, but I decided against it since I have no friends to meet up with, and well, that’s just my damn luck, right?

WWE NXT Takeover Dallas Results


Dark Matches

Manny Andrade defeated Christopher Girard
Apollo Crews defeated Elias Samson

Full Card

American Alpha defeated The Revival for the NXT Tag Team Championship
Austin Aires defeated Baron Corbin
Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Sami Zayn
Asuka defeated Bayley for the NXT Women’s Championship
Finn Balor defeated Samoa Joe

WWE NXT Takeover Dallas Review


American Alpha defeated The Revival for the NXT Tag Team Championship


This was a good overall match. I kept thinking that Kurt Angle should’ve come out to make American Alpha the new Team Angle, but that obviously didn’t happen. The Revival should get a call up to the main roster, I hope. They are crisp, even though there was one botch. This match was an energetic match with a lot of good spots, great tags, and excellent wrestling.

Austin Aires defeated Baron Corbin


I never liked Austin Aires. I think he’s a poor man’s CM Punk, and it showed here. Corbin is bland. This match ended in a roll up, and I didn’t even have a buzz yet. Not a good match. I don’t care about Aires, his attire sucks, and he needs something more to establish him.

Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Sami Zayn


Nakamura is a huge star in Japan. I don’t get it. Sure, he has a few cool points, but I think that Shinsuke Nakamura is OVER RATED. That’s right, he’s overrated. I don’t see the big deal. He had some nice counters but overall Zayn and his match is over rated, even if it did go 20 minutes. It’s a solid match, no doubt, but is it deserving of so much praise I’m hearing? Nope.

Asuka defeated Bayley for the NXT Women’s Championship


Asuka is really good, but this match seemed forced towards the end. Bayley passing out? Really? That’s it? This match was 15 minutes in length, and Asuka made Bayley fall asleep. This should set up a submission match for the title. I loved the dynamics in this match, but I don’t see these two women getting a shot at the main roster, as you may see that the main roster only books hotter women, just saying.

Finn Balor defeated Samoa Joe


The referees kept stopping the match for blood, that took away from the overall action. Samoa Joe is lean, and at his absolute best in NXT. He’s amazing now, compared to “fat” joe in TNA. This match was good, and Balor is a good overall wrestler, but his win shocked me. The match was good overall, and Joe really did a good job putting on the bad ass element. Overall, good match up, with some great spots.

Final Thoughts


Ok, Nakamura is still overrated. Sorry. I don’t see the appeal, especially since I’ve been watching wrestling since 1986 and have seen nearly every single Japanese wrestler come through WWF and WWE and even WCW and guess what? They don’t last. Maybe WWE will do well with him, but then again, remember Suzuki? There’s so many examples of misuse of Asian wrestlers, that I’m not sure WWE will make me care about Nakamura just yet. He’s ok, overrated at this point though.

The rest of the card was good. Good overall wrestling, and I didn’t care about story lines. If you’re a fan of pure wrestling, then of course this is a good show. Was it as stellar as Brooklyn? Maybe not. But it’s a good showing, and it really made me sad not to have friends and family that would go to WrestleMania. I feel even more alone in this world when I see 10,000 fans in a building, and yet I’m here in my living room alone and without friends. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...