Monday, September 26, 2016

WWE Clash of Champions 2016 Results and Review The Women Steal The Show

The Women Put on A Clinic of Pro-Wrestling
Last night, Indianapolis was the host for Clash of Champions 2016. This event was in my home town and I decided against going. Tickets were as low as a few bucks, but I instead ate pizza and stayed home. I saw the whole thing, and well, here are my thoughts on what went down from Nap Town.

WWE Clash of Champions Results


Nia Jax def. Alicia Fox (Kickoff Match)
Chris Jericho def. Sami Zayn
WWE Cruiserweight Champion T.J. Perkins def. Brian Kendrick
Cesaro vs. Sheamus ended in a No Contest (Match No. 7 in Best of Seven Series)
Raw Tag Team Champions The New Day def. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson
Raw Women's Champion Charlotte def. Sasha Banks and Bayley
Roman Reigns def. United States Champion Rusev
WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens def. Seth Rollins

WWE Clash of Champions Review


Nia Jax def. Alicia Fox (Kickoff Match)

Nia Jax was actually showing that she wasn’t a monster. Alicia Fox put on a showcase of moves, and really took it to Nia. I was surprised with how much offense she was given. Nia Jax would eventually stop everything and get a nice Samoan drop on Alicia Fox and the win. Nice opener.

Match Rating: 3 out of 5

Chris Jericho def. Sami Zayn

Jericho and Zayn put on a strong showing. However, Sami Zayn losing yet again, is dumb. Zayn can’t win, he’s in Ziggler status now. That’s all. Entertaining match, Jericho wins, stays strong, and that’s the end. I love how Jericho is burying talent. He just can’t lose can he? I love it, you stupid idiots.

Match Rating: 3 out of 5

WWE Cruiserweight Champion T.J. Perkins def. Brian Kendrick

I heard several podcasts trash this. I didn’t get it. Why don’t people like the cruiserweights? Seriously!? I wish I had a large audience to discuss this. Unfortunately, I don’t. These two put on a good show, and I liked it. It seemed a little toned down, and from what I hear, they have already told the guys in this division to tone it down. Kendrick looked great in defeat, and Perkins is amazing. These guys should be opening the shows and becoming mid-card entertainment, like in the WCW days. They aren’t ready for the main event, if you ask me.

Match Rating: 4 out of 5

Cesaro vs. Sheamus ended in a No Contest (Match No. 7 in Best of Seven Series)

I didn’t want to see this. I didn’t care about it. There was a non-finish when they seemed to injure one another. I will say this much, Cesaro needs to stop doing suicide dives. In fact, ALL talent should stop doing them. It’s so watered down, like the DDT. It’s stupid.

Match Rating: 1 out of 5

Raw Tag Team Champions The New Day def. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson

The Club Sandwich boys are nothing more than losers. They lose every time. There’s nothing good about this. I didn’t like the match. The New Day won because they cheated when Xavier hit one of the Sandwich boys got hit in the head with a trombone. That’s it. This was stupid. The Club Sandwich is done. Go back to japan, right? Yep. I’m tired of the New Day, I need new Champions!

Match Rating: 2 out of 5

Raw Women's Champion Charlotte def. Sasha Banks and Bayley

Match of the night folks. These ladies put on a showcase. I love Dana Brooke, lucky Ziggler is banging her. Charlotte and Sasha’s story continued, but Bayley injected herself into the match and put on a showcase. The story these women told, wow, if you missed it, go back and see it. Everything to me made sense, Charlotte’s moonsault is the number one in the WWE right now. Bayley lost after getting two big boots to the head, and Sasha got thrown off the apron. I loved this. Charlotte is one hell of a Champion, I hope Ric is proud, I’m sure he is.

Match Rating: 4 out of 5

Roman Reigns def. United States Champion Rusev

Roman Reigns won a boring match. I hated it, I don’t think he’s good, both these idiots suck. No thanks.

Match Rating: 1 out of 5

WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens def. Seth Rollins

This was not half bad. However, I’m tired of the main events showing so many kick outs. The story that the guys tell just seems dumb. I recall better stories, but I will say this much, this match was way better than any Dean Ambrose match I’ve seen this year. Yeah, I said it. Owens did well here, Rollins looked injured at one point, he was getting thrown around a great deal. Jericho would come out, the ref would get bumped, and Owens would retain the title. Good match. Nice sexual tension with Stephanie and Seth, though. Look for that angle to play, man, what a lucky dude Trips, I’m just saying.

Match Rating: 4 out of 5

Overall, Clash of Champions was a fun night of wrestling. I do not regret not going. I would rather not have to deal with nose bleed seats or anything like that. I liked this ppv. I would give the whole thing a 3 out of 5. Good, not great, with some solid wrestling, and some ok moments. That’s that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...