Thursday, August 17, 2017

WWE Monday Night Raw August 14, 2017 Results and Review Lesnar Still Sucks

Bork Lazer Vs. The World - SRC WWE.COM
Wow, color me late again. This is a review that should’ve been up on Tuesday or Wednesday, but instead, it’s getting written right now. I’m late, and that’s because I had to once again sit through 5 hours of television to get through this. Or 4 hours, I don’t recall. Either way, here’s my review of the HULU version of Monday Night Raw, because you asked, or didn’t, I don’t know what is going on sometimes.

WWE Monday Night Raw August 14, 2017 Results and Review


Was there a talking segment to open things up? Maybe? I think it may have been Seth Rollins, and if it was, I was bored. Cesaor and Sheamus luckily came down to beat him up, but oh no, here comes Dean “Boring” Ambrose to stop it. I was not thrilled, as I think he’s been resting on his laurels for some time, and his in ring performances have bored me as of late. Rollins and Dean tease the fist bump, and then connect, because you know, the Shield reunion is going to be inevtible, and Roman Reigns will need them to win the title, if you ask me.

This set up a tag team title’s match for SummerSlam this year.

Sasha Banks defeated Nia Jax

They say that there was a women’s revolution in WWE, but you know what? Revolution means a full circle, and that’s what we are getting. This match was not that long, and it wasn’t believable to me. The match between Jax and Banks from Fastlane was far better if you ask me. However, this was good for what it was, and Jax loses again, while Banks goes on to face Alexa Bliss. It should be a no-dq match, but something tells me Little Miss Bliss is going to retain.

Elias attacked R-Truth

This was not on HULU.

Big Cass and the Club Sandwich Boys break Big Shows Arm.

You read that right. There’s not much I can say about that. Big Cass did cut one good promo, though. Although, it was hard to pay attention to him, as he was “orange”. I kid you not. That spray tan was too much.

Bray Wyatt defeated Finn Balor

This was a dumb match. Balor barely got in any offense, and Bray Wyatt just easily beat him with a crotch shot and Sister Abigail. I still think that Wyatt should get a real Sister Abigail to show up, and he should also team up with Bo Dallas. Wishful thinking on my part, which will likely never happen, I’m sure. Bray Wyatt wins, then pores blood on Balor. But wait! The commentary team did not say anything about this. The HULU version edited out the commentary teams statements, so you didn’t hear them say acid, or whatever it is that people on twitter said. Who cares, this is a boring feud. I hear the Demon is coming at Summerslam, ok. Sure. Finn Balor is nothing more than Alex Wright 2.0 if you ask me.

Akira Tozawa defeated Neville for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Tozawa is a great character, and he can really put on a show. This match, wasn’t that great. However, the big senton bomb from Tozawa saved it. He has some serious height on that, and it reminds me of how good Dick Togo was. This was a good performance from both, but the title change seems odd to me, especially since I’m not following 205 Live as much as I had in the past. I need to get back to it.

Jason Jordan defeated The Miz via DQ

This was fast, and it didn’t get far. Jordan got jumped by Miz’s cronies and that was that. Jordan then cleaned house, but the Miztourage is going to definitely cause disruption for the young guy. Oh, and the fans could care less, which means they care just a little.

Jason Jordan and The Hardy Boyz defeated The Miz and The Miztourage

Oh, I almost forgot this happened! The Hardy Boyz ran down to save Jordan from a beat down, and that prompted Teddy Long to come down and declare a tag team match! Ok, he didn’t come down, but that’s what happened, a six man tag happened, and that was that.

Bork Lazer fought off a few dudes.

The ending of Raw had Lesnar getting pulled away from beating up the rest of his opponents from Summerslam. I will say this much, the main event is going to be predicable since Lesnar will win and will be at Raw as the champion. That’s been leaked already, so there.

Overall, Raw wasn’t terrible. It was actually watchable for the most part. However, I could not get into the main event, and the lack of lengthy matches makes me miss the old Raw shows where wrestling took more of a front seat, then just randomly throwing together storylines before a PPV. I guess that’s what 2017 WWE is now, a crash course in pro-wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...